Shepherd’s Pie Loaded Baked Potatoes
Shepherd’s Pie Loaded Baked Potatoes combines two classics into one delicious St. Patrick’s Day treat.
4 baking potatoes
1 pound lean ground beef
½ cup chopped onion (about 1 medium onion)
1 garlic clove crushed or minced
¾ cup tomato paste one 6-ounce can
¼ cup Worcestershire sauce
1 1/2 cups beef broth
2 cups frozen mixed vegetables thawed (carrots, peas, corn, and green beans)
1 cup shredded cheddar cheese about 4 oz.
1. Bake the potatoes in a 400°F oven for about an hour or until they can be pierced easily with a fork. Or you can cook in the microwave for about 10 minutes, rotating after five minutes.
2. While the potatoes are cooking, heat a skillet over medium heat, add the ground beef, onion, garlic, and a pinch of salt and pepper. Cook, breaking up the meat, until it is browned. Drain any excess grease.
3. Stir in the tomato paste, Worcestershire sauce, and beef broth.
4. Add the vegetables, bring to a simmer, and cook until thickened slightly. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
5. Cut a slit down the length of one potato then another one perpendicular to make an “x”. Squeeze the sides of the potato to open it up and place in a glass baking dish. 6. Repeat with the remaining potatoes.
7. Spoon the filling into the potatoes and top with shredded cheese.
8. Return to a 400°F oven for about 5 minutes, or place under the broiler for 2 or 3 minutes, or until cheese is melted and lightly browned.