Twice Baked Sweet Potatoes
These twice baked sweet potatoes are a single serving version of the classic sweet potato casserole. They work well for a crowd or small group.
4 medium sweet potatoes, scrubbed
1/2 cup heavy cream
1 stick butter, softened
1/2 tsp. pumpkin pie spice
1/4 tsp. salt
ground pepper, to taste
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup pecans, chopped
- Preheat the oven to 400* and cover a cookie sheet with foil.
- Place potatoes on the prepared cookie sheet and bake until fork tender, about 45 to 60 minutes.
- Let the potatoes rest for 5-10 minutes before handling.
- Slice each potato ,lengthwise, in half. Scoop out the flesh, leaving a 1/4 inch border around the edge of each potato half, and add the flesh to a food processor.
- After all of the potato halves have been scooped out, add the heavy cream, butter, pumpkin pie spice, salt, and pepper to the food processor. Process the potato mixture until it is silky smooth.
- If adding the marshmallows, let the potato mixture cool considerably before continuing.
- Spoon a bit of the potato mixture into each shell. Cover the potato layer with mini marshmallows, and then spoon more of the potato mixture on top to fill each potato half.
- At this point, the potatoes can be covered and chilled until baking time.
- When ready to bake, stir together the brown sugar and chopped pecans. Top each potato with some of the pecan mixture.
- Bake for 10-15 minutes, at 400*, until potatoes are hot throughout.
Recipe and photo from http://www.chewnibblenosh.com/recipe/twice-baked-sweet-potatoes/