Pasta night gets some Louisiana flavor.
PREP TIME: 20 MINS
TOTAL TIME: 40 MINS
- 1 tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 bell peppers, chopped
- 2 links andouille sausage, sliced crosswise
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1″ pieces
- 1 tsp. Cajun seasoning
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 10 oz. penne
- 1 (15-oz.) can diced tomatoes
- 4 c. low-sodium chicken broth
- 1/2 c. heavy cream
- 1 c. shredded cheddar
- Freshly grated Parmesan, for serving
- Chopped parsley, for serving
- In a large skillet over medium heat, heat oil. Add onion and peppers and cook until soft, then add sausages and cook until browned.
- Add garlic and cook until fragrant, 1 minute, then add chicken.
- Season with Cajun seasoning, salt, and pepper and cook, stirring often, until chicken is golden and cooked through.
- Add penne and stir, then pour in diced tomatoes and chicken broth. Simmer until pasta is al dente and almost all liquid is absorbed, about 20 minutes.
- Stir in heavy cream and cheddar until melty.
- Serve with Parmesan and parsley.
Recipe and photo from www.delish.com